Dec 8th, 2008 by Joel McLaughlin
I work with several attorneys, and a major issue is that they always want their name to be represented properly online. Therefore, some times we are called upon to help attorneys represent their name properly in Google’s search results. If you want your name to get listed in Google, I recommend performing one or all of the following methods to do so.
- Create a page on http://www.linkedin.com – Linkedin is a business networking website that allows you to interact with other business professionals easily online. In order to make your name show up towards the top of the search engines, you need to start adding friends and interacting on the social website. Depending on the popularity of your name will determine how much time you need to spend on this website.
- You could become an expert writer on a website like http://www.articlesbase.com and create your author page tailored to yourself. If you submit one article every 2 weeks this will build up your author pages link popularity and the result will be a high Google ranking.
- Facebook is a great place similar to LinkedIn where you can create a profile about yourself to help your rankings, the only negative thing is that people must become your friend before they can see your information.
- Create a blog on http://www.WordPress.com with the URL http://yourname.wordpress.com – if you post occasionally and use tags in your posts, your blog will start to show up.
- Lastly, you can always buy a domain name like YourName.com and talk about yourself or post your biography. However you will need to get links to your website from other website’s for this to work. This is a slower method, however some people prefer this over other options.
Hopefully this helped!
3 Responses to “Several Ways To Get Your Name Showing Up In Google!”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.