Glossary: Search Engine Marketing
DataFlurry is a Phoenix Search Engine Marketing Company offering internet marketing & consulting out of Scottsdale Arizona.
Search Engine Marketing is a service provided in an effort to improve website traffic from search engines. These marketing services are often times performed by advertising agencies. This is broken down in two different areas. Natural Search Engine Marketing (organic) and Paid (pay per click) search engine marketing. We will talk about each of these topics below.
Natural Search Engine Marketing : Natural SEM is provided by professional search engine optimization companies an effort made to improve your traffic that is not purchased on a regular basis. This includes improving search engine rankings and directory rankings. SEM providers implement many SEO tactics into your website promotion campaign.
Natural Search Engine Marketing is done through a variety of tactics by SEO consultants - including, but not limited to:
- Website Optimization - You must improve your on-site optimization by giving customers interesting and unique information that is high in quality and includes key words and phrases you are trying to rank high under.
- Meta Tag Optimization - You must optimize your meta tags, which includes your Keyword and Description tag. Your keywords tag should include 5-10 of your main keywords or terms of focus seperated by commas. Your description tag should include your most prominent keywords and also be interesting and to the point. This is often times shown to search engine visitors before they click on your link.
- Title Tag Optimization - Your title tag should be 8-11 words and should be unique on every page of your website. It should include keywords and information about your webpage.
- URL Optimization - Your website address and sub pages should have short file names that include keywords within them. If you sell Car parts, it is a bad idea to have a page named products.html; a better page name would be car_parts_auto_accessories.html
- Development Of Fresh Content - You should always update and create new fresh content on your website. This will let the search engines know you are a valuable resource providing great content to your visitors.
- Link Bait - You should learn more about link bait. Link bait is the act of thinking outside of the box to get website visitors to link to your web site. Simple link bait tactics would involve Social Bookmark links on pages with interesting content.
- Link Building - You should actively approach other website owners and obtain links from their pages. Within your inbound links make sure to use quality and keyword rich anchor text. Anchor text is the wording within a link.
- Online Branding to increase popularity - Develop a unique website that stands out and offers something unique. This will help to grow your online presence at a fast pace.
Adhering to these above tips will help you to create a website that will succeed in the search engines long term, and it isn't a super complex online marketing campaign; is it?
DataFlurry specializes in SEO and internet marketing, which is a competitive field. However with DataFlurry website promotion you can have the competitive advantage. Contact us for free tips or a quote.
Contact Us For A Free No Hassle Quote. We Will Offer You Free Advice & Email You Guides & Techniques To Succeed Online